Open Letter To Myself...















Hey you!

At university you're going to meet a lot of new people. Not all of them will be friends for life, but that's okay. Some are just there to teach you lessons. Listen to them and learn from them. You'll be glad you did. 
Now is the best time to get into the habit of saving money. I know you want to go out and buy everything you see. But trust me, it's not the best idea right now. 
At university you're going to meet boys. A lot of them. They probably don't actually like you that much, but I think you already know that. You should try to focus on loving yourself first. You don't need the stress of worrying what others think about you. Not just boys, but everyone. You don't need anyone else's approval to be happy, I promise. I don't know why you're so desperate to find love. Right now just enjoy being by yourself. 
You're going to fail at things. Failure is natural, don't beat yourself up about it. In then end you'll do fine and you can look back and laugh at all the times you doubted yourself. And if something doesn't work out, ah well! At least you tried.
I know you think about what you could be doing if you quit university every single day, but stick with it.  I can promise that you'll regret the decision to leave more than if you stay and actually graduate with your degree. You'll be able to look back on these past 3 years and remember everything you've done, good and bad. You'll be glad you went to university in the end. 
There will be days when you want to punch everyone in sight. Just breathe, they probably have their own problems going on.
Never be ashamed of your dreams. Not everyone is going to believe in you and what you want to do, you're going have to do that bit yourself. 
You'll soon realise that you don't actually want to do what you thought you wanted to do. That's okay though, don't worry. Something will come along and it will be exactly what you're looking for. 
You're allowed to show/feel emotion. You hold everything in which really isn't good for you. It doesn't make you weak to cry and I think the sooner you realise this the happier you'll feel. I think you need to start believing in yourself more too. Self doubt is the worst and it isn't doing you any good. You get anxious about everything! I know you hate it but just try not to worry (Sorry) I promise we'll get through it. 
Try taking yourself offline for a bit. Turn off your phone and shut your laptop. Read one of the many many books you have. It will help to clear your mind. 
I can't give you a clear answer as to where we'll be tomorrow. I wish I could be more specific. I guess it doesn't matter though. As long as you stay true to yourself and just live more in the moment then that's all I can ask of you. 

From future you...
















James France

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment